Sunday, May 3, 2009

Household: Wizcloth Plus Chiffon All Purpose Cloth


Price: $1.00
Suppliers: Dollarama
Jumbo Size: 50cm x 50cm (20" by 20")

My local Dollarama had this product, and I immediately knew it was a imitation of the famous “ShamWow” towels. The material was felt-like. It wasn't as absorbent as claimed, but still quite hefty. I tested on 1 cup (250ml) of tap water, it did absorb 70% of the liquid but it was still dripping. I can't tell whether it lasts long, because I just got it. It's durability seems tough, pretty strong and unrippable so far. I've cleaned coffee and this washes out quickly, by handwashing...it is stain resistant. This is definitely NOT odourless, it smells undesirablely awkward and repelling. But the smell is not as bad after I washed it. It didn't leave streaks as it claims. Compared to a paper towel, it absorbs more and is tougher.
Not many people know before you use it, you have to rinse it with warm water, then wring it out. This is VERY important! It absorbs much better this way.
I think this was pretty worth it for $1, I would recommended it.
My rating for the overall product is 8/10.
Now, I know what you're thinking, if this products seems decent and alright, why not buy the real ShamWow? WRONG! The ShamWow is overpriced and not worth it the money, this WizCloth is pretty much the same cloth. Informercials are quite misleading and inaccurate, if you don't like the Dollarama cloth I doubt you'll like the ShamWow.

2 comments:

  1. Whizcloth is NOT a shamwow immitator, people! Whizcloth has been around for years, at least I know I've been buying it from Dollarama since the late 90s. It is imported by Montreal based "A&D Fiesta" - an importer of european household products for many years.

    These shammies are a daily common household product in Germany. Those infomercial thieves discovered these german towels and saw opportunity to make the next big informercial, and it comes complete with the made in europe pitch. If only the germans knew how these everyday cleaning clothes, readily available in all kinds of stores for decades, are being sensationalized and how the american pulbic is being duped to pay crazy prices!

    The shamwow guy definetly has the last laugh when you believe in immitators...more money for prostitutes and bail like when he was all over the media for getting busted after beating up a hooker in his swaggy South Beach hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best cloth you can use for cleaning glasses, mirrors and windows without glass cleaner. I bought three at a fleam market and gave one to my brother. He used it at his auto body repair shoe and loves it and wants to purchase more for all the guys. It is the best cloth I have ever used and I was very skeptical.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, question, your response and thoughts on this product.

No spam or advertising please. Thank you :-)