Monday, May 4, 2009

Hygiene: Herbal Essences hydralicious


Price: $2.89 - $3.99
Suppliers: Walmart, Zellers, Shoppers Drug Mart, more.

I've been using Herbal Essences for many, many, many, years. I've always love the scents, afforable rates, and haven't switched since. Now, Herbal Essences releases it's new series, hydralicious. The first thing you'd notice about it, is that there is a blend of colour and cream, the swirls effect. The conditioner bottle has a beautiful pearly shine to it. These bottles look much more appealing to the old series. There are three new types: Self-targeting, Featherweight, Reconditioning.

(i)Self-targeting, for balance from root to tip (PINK)

It smells like red vanilla and whipped aloe, as it claims, but I also feel a fruity flavour in it. My hair felt a bit softer. The conditioner was good, my hair felt more shinier than it was before.

(ii)Featherweight, for hair that needs body (ORANGE)

This is most refreshing. . . water lily nectar and passion fruit. After my first use (shampoo and conditioner), I did feel more volume and body. After I blow dried my hair, it become puffier.

(iii)Reconditioning, for dry/damaged hair (PURPLE)

The scents of shea and hawaiian sea silk, it had a similar smell to Herbal Essences' coconut shampoo (blue bottle), and I'm personally not a fan of coconut. I didn't expect salon quality products, but this did moisten my hair.

Also, each bottle has a random fun fact question, the answer coresponds with its conditioner. I didn't even notice this until now, I guess it's something fun you can learn while you're taking a shower.

My overall rating for this is 7.5/10.

I didn't feel much significant changes within the results (after a couple of uses), but I enjoyed the new scents. I will still use these products for the long term, and see if any noticeable improvements come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, question, your response and thoughts on this product.

No spam or advertising please. Thank you :-)